I return after way too long with a spread I did recently….if I can I’ll switch the orientation of the photo later(for now rotate it counterclockwise 90°) otherwise I’ll post the proper orientation later
so i’m working on a thing…
In an effort for me to work more with the runes, my woodworking, and just handheld projects in general I ask you people of tumblr to help me out. Provide runes, bind runes, or simple seals and imagery and i’ll have a few things to burn into wood..These images will obviously be shared for viewing pleasure.
I know this is probably pretty selfish seeing as i most likely won’t send the wood i burn out to you to keep for your own..but this is me wondering if i can work enough to get an Etsy going
(Bonus if you can bind Sowilo and Othala)
Personal Relationships with Spirits & Deities
Here are a few pointers to strengthen your relationship with them.
- Meditate. First and foremost, you need to have an alright grasp on quieting your mind. You need to have an idea of where your mind wanders and how to clear unwanted thoughts. It also helps calm yourself and prepare your mind to enter a different state of consciousness (like flipping a switch). This makes it easier to contact deities and spirits that may be on another realm of existence.
- Offerings. And I mean frequently. Not only does it please them, but can invite them into your life and make them more willing to work with you, or be in favor. Its a gesture of honor and goodwill, and shows you are willing to give freely. You can give foods, drinks, sacrifices, incense, burn a candle, make them something. You can also give non-physical offerings such as energy, or sing them a song you wrote for them. It’s quite limitless, and you can use your imagination!
- Get to know their personality and what they like. Do research. There’s lots of resources out there. What color do they prefer? What is their element? What is their patron animal? Patron flower? Do they have a sigil? What do they NOT like? What should you avoid when working with them? All these are helpful when invoking a deity or trying to get them to favor you.
- Talk to them on a regular basis. Ask them questions. Be sincere with what you want out of your relationship with them. Even if you do not get an answer, it does not mean they aren’t listening.
- Set Boundaries. This is more for working with nature spirits, ghosts, and daemons, or things of the like. It’s alright to ask them to come at a different time, or to tell them to leave. Sometimes, you might need to offer a libation (i.e. I’ll give you bay leaves if you promise not to come in my dreams anymore).
- Learn defensive magick. This, again, is mostly for working with nature spirits, ghosts, and daemons. Make sure you know what you are doing, and do not start something first. Although you might feel threatened, it does not mean they are malicious or trying to hurt you. Test the energy first, and if you are unwelcomed, leave. You do not want to be powerless against something much, much more powerful than yourself, and you definitively do not want to start something with an entity much more powerful than yourself. This is a last resort.
- Keep your magickal space clean. Smudge it regularly to get rid of negativity. Nature spirits do not like unclean areas, especially earth spirits. They will take your things and hide them, or they will disappear altogether. Place protective symbols on your doors, windows, and mirrors. Look into hoodoo and voodoo floor washes if you can, and keep it tidy and looking neat. Recharge your area regularly.
- Keep an open-mind. Some spirits just down right hate humans, but have valuable lessons to tell and can be interesting to see as to why they hate us so much. Others like to help and guide us, and can shed new light on situations or turn them around completely. Some may have a very strong dark energy that you might not fully understand, or some may intimidate you. Sometimes a deity will not be what you are expecting, and can frighten you, but remember: they do not go by our human morals or ethics, for they are not of this plane or humanly world.
- Be gracious. Give thanks to them, if they were willing to talk or make their presence known. Even if they do not, thank them for listening. Don’t forget about them and put them on the ‘back burner’ because that may infuriate them.
(reblogged from SHADOWCOUNCIL)
Here we go! These are all excellent suggestions for those of you looking to strengthen angel or deity relationships.
Reblogging because i really needed to see this. Great info!
It’s a Job Jar!
In an effort to help my husband and I find better jobs/start careers, I put together a Job Jar today.
I selected the components with wealth in mind, both literal and figurative. Green leaves that not only look like dollars, but promise new beginnings. Bells that jingle like pocket coins. Shiny-like-gold glitter, and green-like-money wax to seal it all up.
I wrote down all the things I hope to bring to our lives on the leaves, from finding a better job (preferably starting a career, but I’m not picky at this point) that pays more and values us as people, to gaining a house of our own and a family through a better job, to simply being able to afford the basics, like health insurance and making rent on time.
Everything went into the jar, and there was much shaking and squiggling at every step in the filling process. I’m going to shake the monkeyfuck out of this thing every day to bring prosperity to our lives.
This looks wonderful. Sharing for followers who need it.
I can’t remember if I’ve reblogged this before or not so… just in case
Omfg look at that hedgehog! <33333
REBLOG AND SEE IF YOU GET A COLOR.
PURPLE: I don’t talk to you but I really love your blog.
YELLOW: I wish we were friends in real life.
RED: I think you are arrogant and I’d like to unfollow you but your blog is awesome so I won’t.
GREY: I wish we talk more and being friend.
TURQUOISE: I would hug you if we met.
PINK: I love your blog it’s one of my favourite.
TEAL: You annoy me at times.
BLUE: You are my tumblr crush.
ORANGE: I don’t like your blog.
WHITE: MARRY ME PLEASE.
GREEN: I think you’re cute.
CORAL: I think my life would be incomplete without you.
BLACK: Black looks good on you.
BROWN: I don’t like you.
Guys, please circulate this. Maybe we can find this coward.
What the FUCK
I just saw red for a moment
my brother is severely autistic. very low functioning. and if anyone ever said this to my face about my brother, I would straight up shank them.
okay this is fucking bullshit let me tell you im working at a camp for mentally disable kids this week and they are the sweetest little fuckers in thw world
My cousin is autistic. He is a perfect little boy just as he is. This woman needs her ass kicked.
THIS WAS LITERALLY JUST ON THE NEWS
IM REALLY GLAD ITS GETTING EXPOSURE ALL THE WAY IN EASTERN CANADAWhat an absolute fucking monster
*goes off to sharpen killing blades….checks back on post wishes for guns for the first time in life*